• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Generate summary report from data using formula

HI,

I have attached data from where I have to match two columns and count the vertain value which may be occur across various columns. Please find attached file.
I want create report which I added into "Summary" sheet, wanted to find values in table.

Attachments

• CountValues.xlsx
    11 KB · Views: 12
Hello Gaikwad,

OFFSET is one of the powerful/flexible function & also a volatile.

Here is another way with OFFSET.

=SUM(COUNTIFS(Data!$A:$A,$C2,Data!$B:$B,$A$2,OFFSET(Data!$C:$C,,{0,1,2}),D$1))
Thank you, Haseeb. But now I want to look into more columns for the sum from 3 to 161. What will be the formula?

Hello Gaikwad,

Sorry for the late response.

Don't know about the structure of your file. using OFFSET to 161 columns might be performance issue.

One way:

=SUMPRODUCT(COUNTIFS(Data!$A:$A,$C2,Data!$B:$B,$A$2,OFFSET(Data!$C:$C,,COLUMN($A$1:INDEX($1:$1,161))-1),D$1))

Change red highlighted to your #of columns.

Hi, to all!

Another option without Volatile function:
=SUMPRODUCT(--(Data!$A$2:$A$64=$C2),--(Data!$B$2:$B$64=$A$2),MMULT(--(Data!$C$2:$E$64=D$1),ROW(A$1:INDEX($A:$A,3))^0))

Or, without zeros:
=IFERROR(1/(1/SUMPRODUCT(--(Data!$A$2:$A$64=$C2),--(Data!$B$2:$B$64=$A$2),MMULT(--(Data!$C$2:$E$64=D$1),ROW(A$1:INDEX($A:$A,3))^0))),"")

P.D: Change blue part to your number of columns.

If you want full dynamic formula, try:
=IFERROR(1/(1/SUMPRODUCT(--(Data!$A$2:$A$64=$C2),--(Data!$B$2:$B$64=$A$2),MMULT(--(Data!$C$2:$E$64=D$1),ROW(A$1:INDEX($A:$A,COUNTA($D$1:$F$1)))^0))),"")

P.D.2: Adjust range D1:F1 to your titles.

Blessings!

Back