Lets have some fun this Friday.
Post your favorite Spreadsheet jokes using comments. Have a big smile.
I will start:
1. A pivot table walks in to a bar and orders a beer. It says, “Put me in the same tab, will ya?”
2. A slicer and pivot chart walk in to a bar. The bartender says, “look at those bast*rds, walking around with out a pivot!”.
3. Once Excel, Access and Windows were bragging to each other. Excel says, “I once crashed so hard, it took 5 minutes to recover”. Access says, “Oh thats nothing. I once crashed and took down an entire data base. It took them 30 minutes to recover”. Windows doesn’t say anything. Excel pokes him in the arm asks “what about you?”, Windows jolts & replies, “Sorry, what did you say, I just crashed again.”
It is Olympic season. Everyone I know is tracking the games and checking their country’s performance. One thing that we notice when looking at medal tally is,
A single Gold medal is worth more than any number of Silver medals. Like wise, a single Silver medal is worth more than any number of Bronze medals.
So, when you look at the ranking of countries, you see countries with single Gold medal higher up than countries with lots of Silver and Bronze medals (but no Gold).Read This Article
We briefly covered Excel’s Go To Special function in the Managing Spreadsheet Risk series and in this post, we are going to explore Go to special feature in detail and learn how to use it.
What is Go To Special?
Go To Special is a tool within Microsoft Excel that enables you to quickly select cells of a specified type within your Excel worksheet. Once you get to grips with this function and what it can be used for you will wonder how you ever lived without it. Read on…,Read This Article
I am so happy to tell you that our VBA Classes are now open for your consideration. Click here to know more & join us.
What is this VBA Class?
VBA Class is a structured and comprehensive online training program for learning Microsoft Excel VBA (Macros). It is full of real world examples & useful theory.
The aim of VBA Classes is to make a beginner an expert in VBA.
Read on to understand the benefits of this program & how to sign-up.Read This Article
We can take any Excel workbook and format it until Christmas, and we would still not be done. But not many of us have so much of time or energy. So, today, lets talk formatting.
In this, you will learn how to
1) Use tables to format data quickly
2) Change colors of your worksheet in a snap
3) Use cell styles
4) Quickly clone formatting using format painter
5) Clear formats to begin with a clean-slate
6) Formatting shortcuts
7) Formatting options for print
and 8 ) Why you should not go overboard formatting
So go ahead and become a formatting pro.Read This Article
Comparison is one of the most common things we do with Excel. Naturally, there are so many ways to compare 2 lists of data using Excel.
Today, I want to share an interesting comparison problem with you.
Lets say you run a small shop which sells some highly specialized products. Now, since your products require quite some training before customers can buy them, you keep track of all product queries and arrange demos.
After a hectic week, you are staring at 2 lists. One with product queries, another with product demos. And you want to know whether all the queries are answered with a demo or not.Read This Article
Splitting an Excel file in to many is easier than splitting bill in a restaurant among friends. All you need is advanced filters, a few lines of VBA code and some data. You can go splitting in no time.
Lets say you have lots of data like this in a file. And you want to split this in to multiple files, one per salesperson.
Solution – Split Data in to Multiple Files using Advanced Filters & VBA
The process of splitting data can be broken down to 4 steps …,Read This Article