CP044: My first dashboard was a failure!!!
In the 44th session of Chandoo.org podcast, let’s talk about failures.
What is in this session?
In this podcast,
- Book announcement about Dashboards for Excel
- Story of my first ever dashboard
- Important lessons – Requirement Analysis for dashboards
- Resources for creating awesome dashboards
Listen to this session
Resources to make awesome dashboards
- Create awesome dashboards with this 10 step process
- Make better charts by optimizing Data to Ink ratio
- Rules for making legendary column charts
Books on Dashboards:
- Information dashboard design by Stephen Few
- Non-designers design book by Robin Williams
- Dashboards for Excel by Jordan & Chandoo
- Excel School + Dashboards – Online classes from Chandoo
Excel School, is a comprehensive online course to help you become awesome in all aspects of data analysis, visualization, interactive workbooks, dashboard reporting and automation.
In this course, you will learn to:
- Analyze data using simple & advanced formulas in Excel
- Structure & process large volumes of data quickly using tables & pivot tables
- Present information using charts, interactive & dynamic charts and complex charts
- Create dashboards using 8 in-depth tutorials & case studies
- Make gorgeous workbooks using conditional formatting, color & font choices and more
- Develop workbooks faster: using my favorite tricks and productivity hacks
Transcript of this session:
Help our community & me learn more by sharing your mistakes
It’s your turn. Share the mistakes you made during data analysis, dashboard preparation or automation projects. Let’s all learn from these and become stronger.
Leave a Reply
|Cropped chart: when some values are too big to fit||Excel Links – Dashboards book delayed edition|