While I was working Denmark, there is one thing I noticed. Danes are one hell of football lovers. The football (soccer) enthusiasm is over the top when there is a match between Denmark and Sweden.
A common practice in many offices is a football pool. This is how it works:
- When there is a match between 2 countries, say Denmark and Sweden, the pool will be open.
- You can bet any amount on any goal combination (say 10 Kr on 1-2 Denmark vs. Sweden)
- Your name is written against the cell combination that denotes 1-2
- Once the match is over, the people who guessed the scores right will share the total pool money
- No matter who wins, everyone drinks a few beers and gossip about the match
Since FIFA 2010 Worldcup is around the corner, I thought it might be fun to create a football betting sheet template in excel that all football lovers can use to bet.
Here is how it works:
- Select both countries from drop-downs
- Specify the names of people against goal combinations (for. eg. if Stacey bets for 1-2, her name will be against row 2 and column 3).
- Now, take a printout of this
- Watch the match
- Distribute the money to winners
As a bonus, you can see the flags of country based on selection. This mild awesomeness uses excel camera tool.
Go ahead and download the file. I bet that you are going to enjoy the file, even if you don’t bet.
More football madness: Balls used in Fifa Worldcups since 1930 – Visualization.
Leave a Reply
|How to Add your Macros to QAT or Excel toolbars?||6 things you should know about Excel School|