Welcome to the Chandoo.org Forums.
Posting Rules & Etiquette
The Chandoo.org Forums consist of several Sub-Forums based on the type of question/area of Excel you are interested in.
Please take a few minutes to read this list of Rules, Procedures and Etiquette's for posting on the Chandoo.org Forums.
How to get the Best Results
- Use Relevant words in the Title and in the tag Box, This will aid future searches.
- When drafting a question, try and lay out the question in a clear and concise way.
- Try and tell the readers what is the situation, what have you tried and what do you want to achieve.
- Don't leave out information more info is better
- For the best/fastest results, Upload a Sample File.
- Chandoo.org doesn't allow posting of files or pictures.
To share Files/Pictures see the guidelines here:
- Please use language which conveys respect, appreciation and love.
- Consider that the world is operating 24hrs a day. A late post today may well be answered by someone else overnight.
- Start a new post every time you ask a question, even if the theme is similar. The original author may continue asking questions whilst the post is in progress and of course if you are answering questions you may need to ask questions of the initial poster.
- Please post, new posts in the correct forums.
- Quickly search the Web and Chandoo.org for help before posting. It is quite possible that your problem has been solved by someone else.
- If you and a reader have been involved in an ongoing conversation and the conversation suddenly stops, recognize that the person may have gone to bed, even though you have just arrived at work. In the worst case a reader may go on holidays and not get back to the question for a few days.
- PLEASE DON'T SHOUT! We have big ears and will hear you just the same.
- Please Don't post your Phone Number or Address and be careful posting your email address. Spam robots do trawl forums collecting this info.
- Abusive language will not be tolerated.
- Never title your posts as "Urgent", "Priority" "Immediate". It may be Important to you, but not for rest of the members here. These words will be moderated out.
- Cross Posting, generally it is considered poor practice to cross post, that is to post the same question on several forums in the hope of getting a response quicker.
If you do cross post, please put that in your post.
Also if you have cross posted and get an answer elsewhere, have the courtesy of posting the answer here so other readers can learn from the answer also, as well as stopping people wasting there time on your answered question.
- Please don't post links to copyright material including Books, Videos etc. Your post will be deleted
- Please don’t paste Spam. You will be removed from the forums
- Please don’t respond to Spam. It will be removed by a Ninja before you can blink.
- Be wary that you are posting information on a public web site and that if you post confidential data, it won’t be confidential for long.
- Randomize Numbers and Names if appropriate.
- Please don't use upload sites that require people to install downloaders, most people read (Virus, Malware etc) when we see that.
- Check your answers before posting a solution.
- Check that your Excel version is up to date. A lot of problems occur when using old/non-updated installations.
- If you post a question, check the answers and acknowledge the answer if correct or incorrect. We get a lot of posts with 1 answer and no feedback, so we're unsure if the answer is right or wrong or if the poster has even bothered to read the answer.
- Say "Thanks", whenever you can. Recognize when someone has bothered to go to the trouble and time to assist you with your question for free. Often readers will spend several hours working on a solution to a problem, a line of recognition will go a long way.
- Ignore Spam. The Ninja's have special swords and will slash it away.
- Don't be afraid to contribute to the forums. Have a go.
The Chandoo.org Forums is a collaborative and happy place to learn and expand your Excel knowledge.
The ongoing success of this forum depends on your contribution and involvement either posting questions or more importantly answering them.
Jump in, you'll enjoy your time here.
Chandoo & the Excel Ninjas
(PS: You can create a new topic by clicking here)