• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Vlookup of merged cells & getting all adjacent Row values of a column

Sandip Roy

Dear friends,

Kindly go through the attached workbook

In FEB 17 sheet A column is merged differently & is carrying Item names. Suppose For Product UD10 it is merged from B7 to B14 &
for UD20 it is merged from B15 to B22. And it is continued in this way with lots of product names

C column is carrying names of Raw Materials of those products.

In A1 of sheet1 I want to mention either UD10 or UD20 or whatever required.

I need that when I mention that product name in A1 in Sheet2, from B2 the names of Raw materials would come automatically (ONLY THOSE NAMES WHICH ARE MENTIONED IN FEB17 SHEET AGAINST THAT PRODUCT ONLY, not more than that)[ in this case formula will be in B2] & from C1 its MTD figures will be shown.

And in D1 if I mention a date figures will be shown for that particular date of that particular item. I have highlighted yellow my desired result.

Please help
Regards
Sandip

Attachments

• trials.xlsx
    25.3 KB · Views: 9
Hi Bosco,
Sorry Friend, I was little sick, couldn't able to visit. However I had seen your workbook but unfortunately not working properly once am changing from drop down list. All the results are showing N/A.
Even when returning back to earlier product, it is also showing the same.

Regards
Sandip

Hi Bosco,
Sorry Friend, I was little sick, couldn't able to visit. However I had seen your workbook but unfortunately not working properly once am changing from drop down list. All the results are showing N/A.
Even when returning back to earlier product, it is also showing the same.

Regards
Sandip
Hi Sandip,

My Post #3 file used a AGGREGATE function of which introduced since EXCEL 2010, that may caused your old version Excel file showing N/A.

I herein attached a revised file of using SMALL function instead which will suit with the old version Excel.

Regards
Bosco

Attachments

• MergeCellsFormula2 (2).xlsx
    26.5 KB · Views: 35
Back