• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

VLOOKUP in multiple workbooks

Is2_egypt

hi all , i have data consists of 2.2 million rows , so i had to divide it into 3 different workbooks.
i have another file of 100 thousand entry , i want to vlookup this last file (100 thousand entry) with the 2.2 million rows ( mean do vlookup in the 3 files ) , how can i do this thorugh formula or VBA macro or any other way ?

doing the vloojup in every workbook separately even takes hours to complete , then i have to repeat with other workbooks and...etc, this is looong and complicated way , appreciate your support.

Last edited:
You say 3 different workbooks then you talk about worksheets!

have data consists of 2.2 million rows

vloojup in every sheet separately even takes hours to complete

Just how quick do you expect the formulas to run with that amount of data, your machine will also have a big impact on speed.

hi Bobhc

thanks for your reply , i mean 3 different workbooks , data consists of 2.2 million row ( only two column ).
i have edit the question again to correct wording , thanks

Hi,

Could you pls upload your sample workbooks with coupe of rows(About 100) data. So we can look up to speedup the calculation.

Hi Deepak

i make sample workbooks , workbook1,2 contain the data in 100 Row each and two columns , i want to vlookup the data in the first column in workbook3 with the previous workbooks1,2 and put the results in workbook3 second column.

i hope it is clear , let me know if you need any more clarifications, thanks for your support.
note that this is just simple sample , but my real case contain 2.2 million of lines , so robust formula/code may be needed not simple VLOOKUP , you are more expert so you can better advise.thx

Attachments

• Workbook2.xls
    22 KB · Views: 0
  • Workbook1.xls
    22 KB · Views: 0
  • Workbook3.xls
    20.5 KB · Views: 0
Back