• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Very hidden sheets don't stay hidden

ChrisC

Hi -I've been having problems keeping very hidden sheets hidden. I go to the VBA and apply the "very hidden" designation to the worksheet. When I save, the sheet becomes visible again. Am I missing a step?

Thanks much

Hi -I've been having problems keeping very hidden sheets hidden. I go to the VBA and apply the "very hidden" designation to the worksheet. When I save, the sheet becomes visible again. Am I missing a step?

Thanks much
Hi,

Do you have any VBA code in the workbook that could be unhiding the worksheet(s)?

This is the only code I found

Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Range)

End Sub
Chris,

If this happens as you save then it could be caused by some event code. Alt +F11 to open VB editor, double click 'ThisWorkbook'. What do you see in the white space on the right? If there's some code that begins with the line below then paste it in to reply here. Remember to use code tags if you do.

Can you attach the workbook that does this?

Private Sub Workbook_BeforeSave(ByVal SaveAsUI As Boolean, Cancel As Boolean)

Here is the code I see

Option Explicit

Private Sub Workbook_Open()
Call prCust_WbOpen

Application.Iteration = True

End Sub

Private Sub Workbook_BeforeSave(ByVal SaveAsUI As Boolean, Cancel As Boolean)

If abortchangeevent = True Then
Exit Sub
End If

Call Solve_Carry_Costs

Call prCust_WbBeforeSave(SaveAsUI, Cancel)
End Sub

Private Sub Workbook_BeforeClose(Cancel As Boolean)

If abortchangeevent = True Then
Exit Sub
End If

Call Solve_Carry_Costs

Call prCust_WbBeforeClose(Cancel)

End Sub

hi Chris...

Worksheet unhide property is not mentioned anywhere in the above code...It will be very helpful, if you could share the file...

Hi Chris ,

Can you please clarify one point ?

Do the hidden sheets become visible when you just save the workbook , or when you close ( with a save ) and reopen ?

If it is the former , we need to look at the code within these procedures :

Call Solve_Carry_Costs

Call prCust_WbBeforeSave(SaveAsUI, Cancel)

If it is the latter , we need to look at the code within these procedures :

Call Solve_Carry_Costs

Call prCust_WbBeforeClose(Cancel)

Call prCust_WbOpen

However , the easiest way to decide whether it is the code which is doing it , or Excel itself , is to rename the event procedures by just adding the suffix 1 , as in :

Private Sub Workbook_BeforeSave1(ByVal SaveAsUI As Boolean, Cancel As Boolean)

This ensures that no code will be executed when you do a manual Save ; if the problem does not occur , it is very clear that it is the code within the event procedure which is causing it.

Narayan

Back