• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Using greater than and less than

sinjin

I would like to know the best way to do a range between to date. I'm trying to have a number populate a column but then after I great than the next date to unpopulated. In the attached file when a cows # is greater than 35 days I want it to move over to column J then when it get to 70 day move from 35 day column J to column M so the cows number is only in 1 column at a time.=IF(C3+21<A3,D3>E3,B3,"")

Attachments

• Book1.xlsx
    9.2 KB · Views: 3
I would like to know the best way to do a range between to date. I'm trying to have a number populate a column but then after I great than the next date to unpopulated. In the attached file when a cows # is greater than 35 days I want it to move over to column J then when it get to 70 day move from 35 day column J to column M so the cows number is only in 1 column at a time.=IF(C3+21<A3,D3>E3,B3,"")

Hi ,

You have 4 sections to your output area :

Fresh Date
Dry Date
70 days
35 days

Starting from the top , the relationship between these dates is :

Fresh Date > Dry Date > 70 days > 35 days

Thus , if you want that an entry should appear only in one section at any time , then the checking should always check two sections , the section you are interested in , and the next higher section.

Thus , for the 35 days section , you need to check for the 35 days date and the 70 days date , as follows :

=IF(dateincolumnA > 70 days date ,"" , if(dateincolumnA > 35 days date, cow number, ""))

For the 70 days section , you need to check for the 70 days date and the Dry Date , as follows :

=IF(dateincolumnA > Dry Date ,"" , if(dateincolumnA > 70 days date, cow number, ""))

For the Dry Date section , you need to check for the Dry Date and the Fresh Date , as follows :

=IF(dateincolumnA > Fresh Date ,"" , if(dateincolumnA > Dry Date, cow number, ""))

For the Fresh Date section , you need to check only for the Fresh Date , as follows :

=IF(dateincolumnA > Fresh Date ,cow number, ""))

See the attached file and comment.

Narayan

Attachments

• Book1 (2).xlsx
    10 KB · Views: 4
Back