• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Use of Custom Maps

Hi all,

I actually am assuming there isn't a way to accomplish this, but I thought it wouldn't hurt to ask. In Texas, we have Regions (as seen on the attached map - dark line borders), and I would like to be able to fill the regions as either a heat map or even be able to fill individual regions to the level equivalent of how many clients we have in that region (if there are 100 clients in one region, and we have 75 of them, I'd like the region to be 75% full). I'm not even sure this is possible and it is probably just a pipe dream, but I know Excel is pretty amazing, so I thought I would ask the experts.

Thank you in advance!!
YL

Attachments

• region map.PNG
    region map.PNG
    253.1 KB · Views: 3
Thank you @Hui . This is excellent! Both give ways to shade based on a specific range of percentages or values. But I've also been looking to see if there is any way to fill the custom shape partially based on a percentage. Meaning, is there a way to fill the shape only 75% full or 35% full based on a value? I haven't been able to find anything, so it may be possible I am not using the correct word search. Do you know if this is possible?

I have attached my spreadsheet with the custom map for reference. I would like to shade the shapes (all named) with the percentages in column Q.

Thanks again! Even if partial shading isn't an option, I can definitely go by the range.

YL

Attachments

• Region Map for Testing.xlsx
    463 KB · Views: 6
Back