• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Urgent Help Required in Macro

newuser

Please help me out in putting restriction in my macro file. this file has been created to consolidated data from differnt files have same format of data. A designated path of data folder has been given in the macro. I am getting a dialogue box to select the data folder from which we required to consolidate the data and that dialoge box is opening with the designated path only. Now I want to restrict this dialoge box in a way that no boday can manually change the path of the data folder.

Hi ,

The easiest way to ensure no one can change the path is to not prompt the user for one ; put the desired path within the code , and if required , protect the VBA by using a password.

If you can post your existing code , the necessary changes can be posted.

Narayan

Hi Narayan, the file has been attached here for your reference and password for the code is imgreat . when I click on "consolidate files" then a dialogue box is open showing the target folder (I have also mentioned the same path in the macro.) Now the user can change the path manually from the dailogue box opened. if possible i want to restrict user to change the path manually.

Attachments

• Consolidate Macro_1.xls
    559.5 KB · Views: 3
  • dia box.png
    dia box.png
    38.8 KB · Views: 0
Hi Narayan,

You are awesome ... its working absolutely fine and the way I wanted it to be :)

A great help it was for me

Thank you so much for the help.

Back