• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Up and coming Birthdays

Shazz

Hi All,

I have a spreadsheet that has names and date of birth's in it, I want to be able to show on another tab in the same workbook, any up and coming birthdays for the current month.

So I would have a section in sheet 1 that say Up and coming birthdays, and then each month, the persons names and day of their birth will appear in the box.

Is this possible at all??

(See Attached)

Appreciate your help.

Shazz
xx

Attachments

• Example.xlsx
    11 KB · Views: 1
Hi,

Something like this (please refer to the attachment).
It doesn't take into account if the day of the month has already passed but that can be done too.

Hope this helps

Attachments

• Example.xlsx
    10.3 KB · Views: 4
Hi That looks good, is there a way of also having the actual Birthday i.e 17th show up as well in the column to the right??

Shazz
xx

Hi That looks good, is there a way of also having the actual Birthday i.e 17th show up as well in the column to the right??

Shazz
xx
Sure,

A simple VLOOKUP should do it since a person only has 1 birthday per year :)
Sample attached

Attachments

• Example (2).xlsx
    10.4 KB · Views: 2
Hi,

For some reason I can not get these formulas to work in my live spreadsheet, please can you take a look at the attached.

Shazz
xx

Attachments

• Copy Of Example.xlsm
    833.9 KB · Views: 7
Hi,

For some reason I can not get these formulas to work in my live spreadsheet, please can you take a look at the attached.

Shazz
xx
Hi,

Array formulas can't be used in merged cells so you will have to use single cells.
Also, there were a few minor mistakes in the formula... all fixed now.
Please refer to attachment.

Attachments

• Copy Of Example.xlsm
    792.8 KB · Views: 5
it is not picking up the name in the first row, but putting another name in its place??

Can you help?

Shazz
xx

Attachments

• 2017 Holiday Register.xlsm
    819.3 KB · Views: 3
Not really when I copy the formula into my live spreadsheet it changes the name to Stephen Snell in the live one and then also changes it to Steven Snell in your copy.

What's going on??

Shazz
xx

Attachments

• 2017 Holiday Register (1).xlsm
    822.9 KB · Views: 3
Sorry it, Changes it to Steven Dobb 26/10, so that name should not even show up in the March Dates??

Shazz
xx

Hi ,

This is totally unnecessary ; if you can upload the workbook you want these formulae entered in , the problem would be solved once and for all.

I have no idea whether you are entering the formulae correctly ; each time a solution is presented , your response seems to be the same.

How do you think this can be resolved ?

Narayan

I am only copying in direct from your worksheet, I am PM the spreadsheet to you as it has personal details in it and I dont wont to upload to a public forum.

Shazz

Hi ,

Are you entering the array formulae using CTRL SHIFT ENTER ?

When you copy the formula from one worksheet to another , it gets copied as a normal formula ; after doing the copy , you have to go to the cell which has the copied formula , press F2 to enter EDIT mode , and then press CTRL SHIFT ENTER to enter the formula as an array formula.

Narayan

Hi ,

Another point to note is that each time you copy a formula to your workbook , you might need to adjust the references ; in the workbook you upload here in one post the reference is A2:A33 , in another it is A3:A34 and so on.

I do not know what it is actually in your workbook.

Narayan

Iv'e done it now, thanks.

I have never worked with array formulas and now I have the little bracket things there, it works.

Shazz
xx

Back