• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Unable to copy the rows from excel A onto an excel B which has hidden rows

mani_nsn

Hi,

I have an excel A with multiple data rows and an excel B which has also multiple data rows but excel B has so many hidden rows.

Both excel A and excel B has filters applied also.

When I copy paste the entire worksheet from excel A to excel B, the data is not captured correctly in excel B and many of the data in excel A goes and hides into hidden excel B rows.

Please guide me on how to resolve this issue.

Thanks
Mani

Hello Mani...

First of all welcome to the forum..

Why dont you create a copy and move that sheet from excel A to excel B...

Hello Mani...

First of all welcome to the forum..

Why dont you create a copy and move that sheet from excel A to excel B...

Thank you Asheesh.
I had already tried the same... copying excel A and pasting onto excel B but the issue is that the some of the rows in excel A gets copied inside the hidden rows of excel B.

Also i cannot make changes in excel B as it has some other department names too mentioned.

Hope this info helps.

Thanks
Mani

well i was talking about a different approach...neverthless, let me check if i got your correct...

So all you want to do is to copy visible cells from excel A to excel B..??

well i was talking about a different approach...neverthless, let me check if i got your correct...

So all you want to do is to copy visible cells from excel A to excel B..??

Yes, you are right...
I want to copy all visible cells from excel A to excel B.
Note : It should not disturb or get overwritten on any of the hidden rows in excel B.

Thanks
Mani

I had partially understood your query...I later tried it once but Alas ! all in vein...please read the link in comment no 6

Back