• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Sorting Numeric Data into 3 Different Columns.

VDS

Dear respected members,

I have downloaded the TDS data from TRACES Software and tried to paste into excel format. Pls see the attachment. Here, there are 11 columns. Column A is the row data. From B to K it has been separated as per requirement with formula. 3 Columns have been marked with AMOUNT PAID/CREDITD, TAX DEDUCTED, TDS DEPOSITED.
These are the following constraints.
1. I tried to FIND “.” and + to extract the numeric value from the raw data including decimal values upto 2 digits. But after applying the formula in multiple columns, it gets broken. How to do correct this. Pls see the data.
2. The columns G & I to be deleted.
3. Some numeric values are displayed in – Values, after converting, the corresponding values in Column should also be in – value. (Marked entire Row in Yellow colour). We have the function to negative value into positive. How the reverse function can be done with large volume of data.
4. Extracting a particular data and converting into value from Alphabet becomes hectic each time as this is required for 6 financial years.
Is there any other way to this with simplified formula. Help is requested.
VDS

Attachments

• DATA FOR TDS FY 2014-15.xlsx
    17.3 KB · Views: 0
Hi VDS,
Here is what i got using text to columns > Delimited > Space > Next > Finish:
Can you check sheet2?

Attachments

• DATA FOR TDS FY 2014-15.xlsx
    19.7 KB · Views: 2
Back