1. Welcome to Chandoo.org Forums. Short message for you

Hi Guest,

Thanks for joining Chandoo.org forums. We are here to make you awesome in Excel. Before you post your first question, please read this short introduction guide. When posting or responding to questions please remember our values at Chandoo.org are: Humility, Passion, Fun, Awesomeness, Simplicity, Sharing Remember that we have people here for whom English is not there first language and we need to allow for this in our dealings.

Yours,
    Chandoo
  2. Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

3. When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Shortcut Ctrl+1 not working in Excel 2016

Discussion in 'Ask an Excel Question' started by Mattz, Aug 11, 2017.

1. Mattz

Mattz New Member

Hi,

I am trying to use the shortcut Ctrl+1 to have a faster access to the dialog box "format cells" in Excel 2016 but it does not work at all.

I have tried to find a solution by looking it up but I have a hard time to find one.

The other shortcuts Ctrl+ numbers don't seem to work either.

I apologize if this problem has already been brought up but does anyone have a good fix for that issue?

Thank you in advance!
  2. NARAYANK991

NARAYANK991 Excel Ninja

3. Mattz

Mattz New Member

Hello,

Thank you for your link which I already seen before but I just solved the problem!

I don't know how it works but my excel is in english and I am using a french keyboard (AZERTY). Using this one I have to press Ctrl+ Shift + 1 for the shortcut to work.
    I set up a US keyboard (QWERTY) and I only had to do Ctrl+1 which worked just fine.

Problem solved! Thanks for the help!
    NARAYANK991 likes this.