• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Sequence Without help column

bines53

Hello friends !

Is it possible without help column,And without volatile and CSE ?

Help column=C
Formulas=F

Thank you !

Attachments

• test 7.xlsx
    8.9 KB · Views: 17
Hi @bines53:

¿ How many times has a sequence of two number 10 ?
=SUMPRODUCT(--(A1:A30<>10),--(A2:A31=10),--(A3:A32=10),--(A4:A33<>10))

¿ Great sequence of number 10 ?
=MAX(INDEX(FREQUENCY(COUNTIF(OFFSET(A2,,,ROW(A1:INDEX(A2:A31,COUNT(A2:A31)))),"<>10"),ROW(A1:INDEX(A2:A31,COUNT(A2:A31)))),))-1

Please comment! Blessings!

Hi David,

Here's my attempt for the formula:

How many times a number repeats two times in sequence.
=SUM(--(FREQUENCY(IF($A$2:$A$31=$E$8,ROW($A$2:$A$31)),($A$2:$A$31<>$E$8)*ROW($A$2:$A$31))=2))

Confirm with Ctrl+Shift+Enter. Here if you change =2 to =3 you will get number of times 3 10's repeated and so on.

Maximum number which repeated in sequence.
=MAX(FREQUENCY(IF($A$2:$A$31=$E$8,ROW($A$2:$A$31)),($A$2:$A$31<>$E$8)*ROW($A$2:$A$31)))

Confirm with Ctrl+Shift+Enter.

Regards,

Hi John,

If I change sequence of two number 10 , to Different definition, the first solution?
It is possible to replace the function OFFSET to function INDEX or CHOOSE, the second solution?

Thank you!

Last edited:
Hi John ,

You have considered only one case where the first two numbers are not 10s ; you need to consider the case where the first two numbers can be 10. And then take the MAX of these two.

Clearly this approach cannot be generalized , unlike the approach which uses the FREQUENCY function.

Narayan

@bines53

On a lighter note ;) people who know you try to give you solution which will not include OFFSET, INDIRECT and other similar functions.

But over a couple of days it seems you also want to exclude CSE usage also :)

I think you should give all these requirements in your signature line, so that all can give such a solution :).

Regards,

Hi Somendra,

Actually I mentioned this post !
You agree with me, help column is better than CSE ?
You agree with me, "clean" formula is better than volatile ?

Regards,

David

Hi David ,

If you are willing to accept VBA , then your entire application could have been developed and you would have started using it profitably by now !

Narayan

Hi Narayan,

You know, vba is not the best choice to develop something serious and commercial in stock market.
I do not use in vba, this is an isolated incident, I did not find an external plugin for Excel, which handles sequences of numbers

David

Hi David ,

I do not know what you are talking about ; you have posted more than 200 entries , all related to Excel formulae ; you have asked these in isolation , and got answers from probably a dozen members ; each of these answers has been provided in isolation , each member not knowing where the formula solution provided fits into the overall picture.

You are therefore confident of integrating all of this to give yourself a working application.

Where does the commerciality of all this come in ? Are you intending to put out the entire application as a commercial product ? If so , what is the security of formulae vis-a-vis the security of VBA ?

Anyway , my point was that whether you use a single line of code or a thousand lines of code , the objective is to develop a robust application which performs ; if at all VBA is acceptable to you , then using VBA you would have been up and running by now , since what you have been trying to do getting formulae from various members over the past several months , could have been done better using VBA in a matter of weeks.

Narayan

Hi Narayan,
Actually, not really understand you, and apparently you do not understand me, though my English is not perfect as yours.
I work privately, in the stock market, I have no desire to develop applications !
Do not like the vba, I prefer add-in for Excel, XLL written in C ++, I use them.

CountConsVal ,I have not found like in xll !
I hope that now you understand me.

David

Back