• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Referencing Other Workbooks

I was wondering if the following is possible, and if so, how? (Fair disclosure, I'm terrible at VBA and coding in general)

I will be creating a variable number of workbooks, which are basically identical, to track some data. Each workbook may have a variable number of worksheets, for which the outputs of each needs to be considered individually.

I'd like to create a "master" workbook, which could collect all the data I specify into one master report. I think the challenge here is, because I will be adding more and more workbooks over time, it needs to remain "open ended", if that makes sense, and it has to allow for the variability in the number of sheets each workbook may have.

So for example, for workbook 1, I might have in sheet 1, cell a1 "10", for sheet 2 I might havew "5", for workbook 2 I might have 20, workbook 3 I might have 15...and so on for N number of workbooks.

I want the master workbook to generate:
workbook 1 sheet 1 10
workbook 1 sheet 2 5
workbook 2 sheet 1 20
workbook 3 sheet 1 15

and so on, as I generate more and more workbooks.

The workbooks and the master would all be stored in the same file location, if that makes any difference.

Thanks

Avery Montembeault

Back