• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Pulling latest date by userID

lorimaye

Hi there
I am trying to pull the latest date by userID. I have about 8000 records and many userdIDs have multiple dates attached. What I need to do is to just pull the userID and the latest date.

I don't even know what to call this kind of a formula to start digging, so starting here. Attached is a sample of a userID with multiple dates. I hope this makes sense and if you can help, thank you, Lori :)

Attachments

• Sample date data.xlsx
    8.4 KB · Views: 4
Thank you so much for the prompt reply. When I apply this to the whole table it is pulling the largest date from all userids. I can't see what I am missing here, here is what it looks like with the whole table: =LARGE(IF($A$2:$A$8879=A2,$B$2:$B$8879),1) And agin, I thank you very much :)

Hi;
The given formula is an array formula you will have to enter it using the
Control key+ Shift key+ Enter key instead of just enter once you enter this way the formula will look like
Code:
{=LARGE(IF($A$2:$A$8879=A2,$B$2:$B$8879),1)}

Notice the curly brackets at the staring and end of the formula.

Thanks

Here's the next tough one for ya!

I now have to concat a list of cells into one cell by userID. Example, lets say a I have a list of 14 InterestIDs, then I have a list of userids that have a list of interest ids in separate cells. I need to pull all interests of the one userID into one cell. See attached for an example, and thank you again for saving me!! And hopefully that makes sense :)

I just joined today and I already love this community!! Lori

Attachments

• Sample interest data.xlsx
    9.2 KB · Views: 3
Hi:

i could not get what you had given in OP, as per my understanding i have put a simple formula , if this not what you are looking for upload a file with the expected output entered manually.

Thanks

Attachments

9.7 KB · Views: 2
Hi Lori,
I found no clue :( to concatenate string in such way.

What would be the desire output if fk_interestId = 12
fk_interestId = 11
fk_interestId = 9
... etc

Regards,

Hi ,

Concatenation is not versatile in Excel ; one way to get what you are looking for , is to use a helper column.

See the attached file.

Narayan

Attachments

11.7 KB · Views: 10
Thanks I'll take a look at this this afternoon and see if I can work it out. Thank you so much, you all have been great! Lori :)

Hi all, me again! I need updated help to my first question. I now need to do the same query above, pull the latest paydate by userID, but to take it a step further, once I get the latest paydate I need to pull the corresponding amount. So if 5/10/2014 is the latest paydate for userID 1918, I need to pull that the amount is $20.00....See attached..and thank you, you all are the best! :)

Happy Saturday!!

Attachments

• latestAmountByLatestPayDate.xlsx
    9.8 KB · Views: 1
Hi,

See this file. Was bit confused on which sheet to work. Output is yellow cells on Pull Latest.... Sheet.

Regards,

Attachments

• latestAmountByLatestPayDate.xlsx
    10.4 KB · Views: 2
Thank you so much! I'll give it a shot in the morning, but it looks like it will work. Thank you so much, Lori :)

I am apparently a dork, I can not get it to work. Please bare with me and my minimal excel skills, I'm learning :) When I try to update the whole file with that formula it is not working. I have attached the whole file if that helps :-( Again, thank you!

Attachments

• latestAmountByLatestPayDate (2).xlsx
    196.4 KB · Views: 2
Hi all, back on this again and need your help again. I need to pull the latest date and the latest amount. What is happening now is that if there are multiple payments of the same type on the same day it is adding them up, as it should. But we have some weird data here and only need to pull the latest date and one singular instance of the payment. See attached for an example.

Attachments

• latest singular date and paydate example.xlsx
    8.7 KB · Views: 1
Hi:

Please find the attached.

Thanks

Attachments

• latest singular date and paydate example.xlsx
    10.8 KB · Views: 5
That did it! I'm so glad I have you all :) You are such a big, big help and time save. I really appreciate it, Lori :)

Back