• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Probably an easy one...

Paul S

Hi. Hope someone can help. I have described in the attached file what I'm trying to do. I could get the result I need by hiding cells, and my using quick and dirty (and very basic) Excel skills... but that's why I joined this forum! I want to have a neat-looking and simple solution to derive a result based on the contents of three other cells.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Attachments

• Slacker.xlsx
    57.6 KB · Views: 5
Hi Paul,

See your file, it does not full fill your all requirements as those are not clear enough, kindly go through the same and explain more on the pending ones.

Regards,

Attachments

• Slacker.xlsx
    58.1 KB · Views: 4
Hi Paul,

Welcome to the forum. Please see enclsoed if this is what you want.
Problems Vs Solution:
1. When this exports from MS Project it is suffixed with ' days' which I am currently removing with Find & Replace. Is there a way of getting the formula in column Q to ignore the text part of this string? - Provided a formula in Coulmn Q
2. I want this to say 'Yes' if the value in J OR K are 'Changed!' AND if the status of column L is Red - Provided a formula to return "Yes" based on required parameters
3. I want this to go red if a value is returned in any cel in column M - Applied Conditional Formatting as per requirement.
4. Is there a better way to return the 'RAG' status than a nested formula? - I have used VLOOKUP to return RAG Status from Range W2:X5

Do let us know if this suffice your requirements.

Thanks

Attachments

• Slacker.xlsx
    58.2 KB · Views: 3
Thank you very much indeed Ajesh, that is both timely and very helpful! I have also received some information on how better to post my next set of problems, but really appreciate the time you have taken to look into and resolve my first Chandoo post :)

Paul

Back