• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Power Pivot compatibility

Wilco()

I am considering starting to use Power Pivot. My reluctance is when I create an Excel Workbook using PowerPivot, does my audience also need to have powerpivot installed/enabled?

I want my workbooks to work with standard Excel.

Hi ,

When you distribute your workbooks to others , will your workbooks have any Power Pivot related items in them ?

What versions of Excel will your users have ? Excel 2007 and older versions do not support Power Pivot , and so users with these versions of Excel cannot install Power Pivot , leave alone use it.

Narayan

Can you use powerpivot without including powerpivot elements in your workbooks?

I expect people to use Excel 2010 (at least).

Hi ,

When you use Excel with Power Pivot , at least in Excel 2010 since I do not have any knowledge of Excel 2013 , Excel and Power Pivot have their own windows ; the data that Power Pivot uses is separate from the data which resides in Excel's worksheet tabs.

However , the whole idea of using Power Pivot is to crunch data and dervie reports , summaries. The normal end result of Power Pivot crunching data is a pivot table , which looks like a normal Excel pivot table , but is significantly different. See the following link for the differences :

https://blogs.office.com/2010/10/01/top-5-ways-powerpivot-helps-excel-pros/#TwIW5b3ivcbzdbsT.97

Those who do not have Power Pivot installed on their system will not be able to do much with such pivot tables ; I may be wrong.

Narayan

Back