• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Power Pivot and Cross Join

Vikram554

Hi,
I am doing a project where I have to create a list of all possible combination from a set of rows and columns. The problem is the number of rows are not the same in each and every column. This created blank cells when the cross join is obtained. I want to give numbers to all the possible combinations but the rows that are having blank cells should not be numbered. When using filters I am not getting continuous numbers which should not be the case. Is there any way we can solve this?

Also to mention the Original table keeps changing from tie to time. For example if today I don't have Apple then it is to be removed Or if a student doesn't come or a new student may be added.

I have uploaded a excel file to demonstrate my case. I used DAX coding and power pivot to do the CROSSJOIN.

Thanks in Advance.

Attachments

• reference.xlsx
    149 KB · Views: 4
CROSSJOIN operation is best done in PowerQuery stage (before it's loaded to PowerPivot).

Search for Cartesian Join in the forum and you should find examples where I used PowerQuery to do the operation.

Back