• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Pool Spreadsheet (percentage signs & pool ideas needed)

muna

Hi all,

I have attached a spreadsheet of pool games I and my friend use.

I've put [Enter Date] as we're unsure of playing times as it is subject to availability.

My question is on the row where it says "Percentage" can anyone create a formula to calculate how many games name 1 has won and how many games name 2 has won. Thus far 25 games has been played, name 1 winning 10 games and name 2 winning 15 games.

1) Can we have a percentage to say how many games name 1 has won?

2) Can we have a percentage to say how many games name 2 has won?

3) Can you make the spreadsheet more fun, haha I've just seen this and it makes me think that this pool spreadsheet could be so much better! Perhaps a comparison of shots played or chances missed potting the black? (use dummy data for time being?)

Regarding point 3, the more ideas the merrier.

Attachments

• Pool Example Spreadsheet.xls
    58 KB · Views: 5
Hi Muna,

See your file.

Regards,
Somendra.

Thank you for your reply.

Unfortunately the formula doesn't work. After trying various different numbers the percentages did not change.

I might have not explained myself clearly so apologies about this. What I would like is explained better on the spreadsheet attached

Attachments

83 KB · Views: 5
@muna

Isn't =G24/(G24+E24) in G26 will serve the purpose.

Regards,

Hi,

Thank you for your response :)

It now works :D

Do you think you could answer:

3) Can you make the spreadsheet more fun, haha I've just seen this and it makes me think that this pool spreadsheet could be so much better! Perhaps a comparison of shots played or chances missed potting the black? (use dummy data for time being?)

and

Also the question in this spreadsheet?

Attachments

79.5 KB · Views: 3
@muna

For making the sheet more fun i.e. adding more analysis, the first thing that is required is data match wise, player wise. Than we can go ahead in doing the different type of analysis based on that data.

See these links where I have done something like this:

http://chandoo.org/forum/threads/fifa-fever-2014.17408/

http://chandoo.org/forum/threads/goal-of-world-cup.17637/

As far as the question in the workbook is concerned I don't think Excel is capable of doing such thing.

Regards,

Thank you and apologies for the lack of reply.

The first thread in particular is very good.

I will hopefully look into adapting the pool spreadsheet in the upcoming weeks. Once I have done so I will post a follow up!

Stay tuned :)

Back