• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Pleae help me to delete the particular data.

sampath

Hello,

I have huge data and i need to delete the particular data from that huge data.

For example, A1, B1, C1...etc cell consist some data's. and every cell having "GROUP****"

data's. I need to delete this data automatically. Kindly help me for the same.

I have attached the example sheet here.

Thanks and Regards,
Sampath.S

Hi Sampath

I don't believe you have given people enough information to make a meaningful contribution. There will be a certain amount of guess work for anyone who responds. Getting rid of Group is easy but there are numbers in one of those boxes and in different cells which seems to indicate you want rid of them too. It is a bit confusing.

A slightly bigger dataset and a What the data should look like after the procedure has run is almost essential with this type of question. If you provide that you will get a very accurate response.

Take care

Smallman

Hi Smallman,

Thanks for your reply.

This kind of data only repeated in column vise. approximately upto FZ column having this kind of data only. I need to delete the particular data (GROUP**) and after cells from that GROUP cell in every column.

I hope this is enough information. Thanks for understanding.

Take care.

Thank with regards,
Sampath.S

Hi sampath,
Agree with Smallman (Sir)

Do you want to simply delete entire row or want to clear the contents only?

For clearing the contents only try:

Code:
Sub delrng()
Sheets("Input").Range("A1,B1,C1").ClearContents
End Sub

& for delete:

Code:
Sub delrng()
Sheets("Input").Range("A1,B1,C1").Delete
End Sub

You can change the "A1,B1,C1"

Regards,

Hi Khalid NGO.

Here i have attached the example of input and needed output excel, which is available in first request thread. I hope this is exact data.

Thanks for your reply.

Thank with regards,
Sampath.S

Hi Sampath

You need to provide a file with more detail. No one can give you what you want without guessing. How do I know the numbers after Group are to be deleted? What is the trigger? You didn't put anything underneath. Your file lacks details which is what i am asking for.

Don't respond with words, just a file. Data before and data after. That is all you will need to show the group.

Take care

Smallman

Hi Smallman,

sorry for the inconvenience data. In that attached excel, need to delete the Group data and after the group data.

I cannot upload my example excel in this conversation. then only i attached to first thread request.

Thanks for your reply.

Regards,
Sampath.S

Sampath

Before and after is not an unreasonable request. Too many questions need to be posed otherwise and many more threads on both sides.

Upload a sample before and after file for a result.

Take care

Smallman

Back