• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Pivot Table month order

VHaig

Hi

The simple spreadsheet has a column for the date and another column for the mileage. This data is then used in a pivot table. At the moment it is listed Jan - Dec, but I need it to be Apr - Mar so I have a total mileage for each month from the start of my financial year in April.

Viv

One way for addressing this requirement is to have a flag column in your raw data as To be included in Pivot? and populate yes for all the months starting from April to March.

Then after creating the pivot table, add this column as Filter and select Yes to have to show only April to Mar.

The data in this sheet will only be for one financial year, starting with entries from April through to the following March. I need each month's entries grouped by month (I know how to do that) but the order needs to be April - March and not January to December.

I will have various dates in the date column and they will be formatted like this - 01/04/2016. There will be multiple entries for each month.

Solution will depend on your Excel version along with how your PivotTable is constructed (is it from Data Model or from simple range etc).

Upload sample that accurately reflect your set up (with sanitized data).

Otherwise, try one of following method.
1. Custom Sort list (will not work for some newer versions)
2. Build sort index table for months (when using data model) and merge

Here's how the spreadsheet will be laid out. The data is just random stuff at the moment.

Attachments

• mileage.xlsx
    14.3 KB · Views: 5
Another method, using tabular report form for PivotTable and using different grouping levels (Year & Months). Using year as parent and months as child.

Attachments

• mileage.xlsx
    15.6 KB · Views: 12
Another method, using tabular report form for PivotTable and using different grouping levels (Year & Months). Using year as parent and months as child.
That's nearly what I want. I want to have a separate workbook for every financial year. The response above worked for me.

Many thanks.

Hi

I'm still not getting what I'm looking for. I've tried both the options above and it still isn't doing what I need it to.

Upload a sample file with raw data representing your data set and also manually constructed output of what you are looking for.

Back