• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

pivot like indexing values with multiple filters

rrocker1405

Hi,

In the sheet that I included it has 7 filter's and the formulas work if there are values against each of it. the idea is to help users to navigate to the specific list which would also mean that they need not choose all the 7 filters and should be able to show up all the unique values tracing to ID.

This is similar to what you would get as an output in pivot. Attached sheet is for reference with what I'm trying to achieve. Any suggestions, how to pick up these information?

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards,
A!

Attachments

• Copy of Index Match.xlsx
    16.1 KB · Views: 4
Hello rrocker1405, I have gone through your excel sheet, I did not understand your exact requirement, but i have a similar file which i downloaded from our Chandoo.org....i think it will be helpful to you...pls look into the excel sheet.

Attachments

• Excel-As-Database-demo-v1.xlsm
    139.1 KB · Views: 2
I'm creating it for reporting purposes and the requirement is for data based on filters which pivot wont show up, thats why jeffrey.

regards,
A!

So in Sheet4 where you say "Instead of showing up with numbers I want to show up the data instead here", what data are you talking about?

Your file isn't clear to me.

Hi,

Attached is the sheet for your reference.

The table below the filter values would be the data dump and the information based on the filter above should be able to pick up the unique id's and based on which I should be able to pick up the remaining values. I used the index formula but somehow does not work for me. I'm not sure what i'm doing incorrectly.

Suggestions, please.

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards,
A!

Attachments

• test.xlsx
    64.5 KB · Views: 3
Ah, I think I understand your requirements now. See attached, that uses 2 PivotTables and some slicers to connect them. You can actually just use the slicers, and get rid of the first PivotTable if you want.

You can also just put some slicers on the original table, too...and not have PivotTables at all.

Attachments

• Copy of Index Match-1.xlsx
    22.6 KB · Views: 6
Thank you for this jeffrey. However, the pivot table uses only the data dump where as I'm trying to use the default list from a solution to show up the data in the tabular format. I'm more than happy to use the slicer sent by you but not all information entered is correct and the idea was to lookup information as part of analysis.

Is there any way that we can have this automized using indexing formula?

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards,
A!

Back