• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Offset and vlookup not linking to other sheet.

=IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP("name", OFFSET('sheet2'!$A$2, (ROW()-1)*10, 0, 10, 4), 3, FALSE))= TRUE, "", VLOOKUP("name", OFFSET('sheet2'!$A$2, (ROW()-1)*10, 0, 10, 4), 3))

this is the formula that I have. It is a dynamic range formula. I tested it on the same sheet it works. However, if my table is on "sheet2" it is not linking with the above formula.

How could I link this function to "sheet2", please help. if you need any more information please let me know, thanks.

Khalid: No error, it seems that the sheets are just not linking.
Hi Abhinav,

Can you share your file over here? and there is no required to put =TRUE in formula.
Regards,
Somendra: there are 2 sheets sheet 1 and sheet 2. so in sheet 1, cell A1, i would like to catch the 3rd column for a specific name in sheet 2.

example:

there is a table in sheet 2 like:

a b c

1 abhinav 12 16

2 somendra 9 12

I put the above formula in sheet 1

=IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP("abhinav", OFFSET(Sheet2!$A$1, (ROW()-1)*10, 0, 10, 4), 3, FALSE))= TRUE, "", VLOOKUP("abhinav", OFFSET(Sheet2!$A$1, (ROW()-1)*10, 0, 10, 4), 3))

the answer should be 16 as it should catch the 3rd column for the corresponding name. right?

Hi Abhinav ,

The formula works correctly , at least it gives the output you have posted.

Narayan

Attachments

• Abhinav_Example.xlsx
    8.5 KB · Views: 4
Back