• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

"Object reference not set to an instance of an object" error

Help! Got the "Object reference not set to an instance of an object." when refreshing pivot table. Do you what it is and how to fix it?
Googled it and it seems to be a software bug. Do you know if there is a fix for it?

Thank you,
Kim

Are you getting the said error with a normal pivot table in a xlsx file!

If yes then can we have the said xlsx file pls as never experienced such error.

It's a bug but that related to VB.Net.

Hi Deepak,
Thank you for your reply. Since the data are sensitive, I changed the values in the source tables thinking that I can post for your review. BUT, (1) suprisingly, when I move the fields around in the pivot table, the old data are still there (even through I changed them in source table). SO the pivot table is NOT pulling from the source table BUT from "memories" somewhere in the set up of the relationship or power pivot. (2) NEXT, just curious....I copied the source table to an new excel book, set up the pivot table. It does not give the error, and updated just fine. So problem is definitely in the set up (relationship or power pivot) of the old excel book.

I regret that I am unable to post the file since the sensitive data are still there.
Is there another way I can provide additional information/observation?
Thank you Deepak,
Kim

Back