• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Notify on value change

wasim bharucha

hello sir

i am a stock market trader and i have a problam with excel
i have a question i want sound in my sheet which notify me

example: if a1 value is >= b1 then notufy me with sound

need some help in creating VBA code for an Excel sheet.

I have a worksheet with multiple columns which linked to real time data,cells in column "A" contains data related to stock and cells in column "B" gets updated based on certain criteria from the real time data.I am looking for popup message with sound alert when cells in column "B" is greater than 0 referring to cell values(which contains texts) of column "A".

For example:If one of the cell value in column "B" gets updated as 25 (which is >0) and the corresponding cell value in column "A" contains text as "XYZ stock", excel sheet should popup message saying"XYZ stock >0".

Thanks

Hi,

Something like this? (refer to attachment)

Since the values in "B" are calculated (formulas), what I did was add a "Worksheet_Calculate" event to trigger the sound and message box.
Each time the sheet calculates, it will go through all cells in "B" and return a list of the corresponding contents of "A" where "B" >0.
Try changing the values in "E" (which will in turn change the values in "B") and let me know if that is the desired result.

Attachments

• BEEP.xlsm
    14.6 KB · Views: 5
Back