• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

need to find # cases

udprocks

Hallo all,

I Have a query......below

i have master file with approx 50 fileds that all fields have some "#" cases, that case i want to seprate along with (batch Serial and Record no. and field that have "#")

if it is possible can anyone please help me with this......

sample file uploaded for reference.....

Attachments

• Find #.xlsx
    51.2 KB · Views: 3
Hi Mate..

Check column BV, BW, BX...

After applying the formula..filter for non blanks...and paste special values...where ever you want..

Attachments

• Find _.xlsx
    54.1 KB · Views: 1
Hi Mate..

Check column BV, BW, BX...

After applying the formula..filter for non blanks...and paste special values...where ever you want..

Hi Ashish,

Can you please go throw with result sheet , there is also one column that containing the filed which have that "#" case i want also that... in this file which you attached here all excellent but "Title of field not coverd"

please look once,

thank you for your time....

Jitendra, sorry..there were 2 versions of the file I had on desktop...posted the incomplete one..please see the attached..

This should help..

Attachments

• Find_Jitendra.xlsx
    55 KB · Views: 4
Dear,

Thank you for Quick response again,

In these both files there are some difference with result as per my result there are 140 cases found, but as per "Ashish file.... there are only 51 Cases found,"

and Somendra sir,

As per file there are only 130 results found,

I am confused where is the GAP....

See the file, You have pulled out all the cell having a # in any cell, if so than the result will be 141 not 140.

Regards,

Attachments

• Find #.xlsx
    81.3 KB · Views: 5
See the file, You have pulled out all the cell having a # in any cell, if so than the result will be 141 not 140.

Regards,

Greetings of the day sir,

continue with this post , when want to put more data in master file and see the results not increasing acording to data , can you please help with this....

Can you send a fresh 20 lines of data so that I can add them below your last data and see if the result are showing up or not?

Regards,

got it where i was worng, now its working

But in this one thing which i facing in some cases i have Blank Result ,

means batch serial & record found but field is blank , why....

and also its going toooo slow, when i apply it in whole file,

Jitendra, I knew this thing that with so many array formulas and lot of data the file will become slow. If you say should I work out a VBA solution for this.

Regards,

Jitendra, I knew this thing that with so many array formulas and lot of data the file will become slow. If you say should I work out a VBA solution for this.

Regards,

No problem sir, with VBA

but we need to ensure,,,

Blank Results ,

means batch serial & record found but field is blank ..

if possible..

@udprocks

Test this file, I had introduced a helper cell on MASTER Sheet Column BV. I had also introduced some named formula. Go through them and check the performance, before we proceed for VBA approach.

Regards,

Attachments

• Find #Modified.xlsx
    108.6 KB · Views: 5
@udprocks

Test this file, I had introduced a helper cell on MASTER Sheet Column BV. I had also introduced some named formula. Go through them and check the performance, before we proceed for VBA approach.

Regards,

hallo sir,

its gud , if helper give us exact "#" count and formula run threw it then no problem , couz we want only exact count of "#" cases if it gives us this then no prob wit formula..

@udprocks

I am not able to understand your above comment. When I checked the file with 200 lines of data with earlier formula took 4.98 Secs and the latter approach took 2.5 Secs.

Regards,

Back