• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Need info on how to go about coding for extracting excel attachment from Lotus notes

Hey Friends,

I have cute little user form which has blown the minds of Bosses and took me to the heights of recognition for developing this form for simplifying hiring process in my company. Request you to play around with this form in terms of using all the 3 command buttons "Record Data", "View and Edit" and "Send Email" as there are many things happens in background and I don't know how to explain..

At an overall
1. Record data helps in printing a line entry based on the selections made in the form.
2. Based on the selected metro ticket number it opens up the form allows user to make any changes if he has done any mistake in submitting previously. Also it allows user to print another line item based on the previous selections and making minimum changes.
3. Send email sends out the selected metro numbers in a excel file via lotus notes.

Please look at the Worksheet_SelectionChange in sheet1 Module and SubjectLine procedure in Module 2.

Bosses advised me to work on the VBA for consolidation of those emails so that It will become the complete package. What I am looking at is based on the Selected From date and To date, Can I extract the line items from those excel output files and make a consolidated master file? what I meant is that the poor chap who receives numerous emails from different users who triggered emails by using this user form, can be consolidated in a single master file with a button click?

If so please guide me on the steps to achieve this out put. I have never worked on this kind of requests and I don't know ABCD of this kind of coding also these people call me as Excel Icon and I strongly feel that I don't deserve that title.

I order to work I can ask that poor chap to move all those emails received to one designated archive folder so that VBA can lookinto that folder name only.

Please advice.

Password for the vba project: pavangbs

Regards,
Pavan S

Attachments

• GRB Smart Tool .xlsm
    247.9 KB · Views: 3
Hello Friends,

I have tried researching on Google to get it started and I have done some testing but some how I get run time error -438 on the line
For Each vaAttachment In vaBodyofEmail.EmbeddedObjects in the attached macro file. (Module1)

Please assist me in resolving this...

Attachments

• Extract Requests.xlsm
    22.5 KB · Views: 0
Hey Friends..

I got it to work.. here is the file attached for reference.

Password: pavangbs

Attachments

• Master Consolidation Tool_0.2.xlsm
    66.1 KB · Views: 2
Back