• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Microsoft Excel cannot paste data

Hayley

I keep getting this message when I try to copy and paste data from one spreadsheet to another. I'm using Excel version 14.0. What's going on? And how to I fix this?

Several ideas:
Are you copying from/to a filtered range?
Are you copying from/to a discontinuous range?
Are you pasting from/to workbooks with different number of rows in a worksheet?
Does you computer have enough memory to perform operation (how much data are you copying)?

Not copying to or from a filtered range or discontinuous range. It varies from week to week but I'm copying about 550R x 6C of data from one workbook to another with the same number of rows. It's a large file with about 17 tabs full of data but each tab has less than 2000 rows of data. It just started happening since I switched to Office 2010 so I thought maybe that was the culprit, but I don't know how to get it to work. When I do paste as Unicode I can get everything to paste except one column of dates. ?

Hmm. Are you pasting from the same instance of XL? If Unicode is one of the options, it sounds like it's separate instances. That size of data shouldn't even register as a blip, normally. :(

I *was* using the same instance of excel but then I had the pasting issues so I tried saving it as xls (instead of xlsx). I just saved it back to xlsx. It also won't let me reformat certain things saying too many styles. I googled some more and others have had this issue because they have too many cell styles from a macro virus. Urgh...I just reached out to my company's IT support department. I think this is beyond my capabilities. Thank you for trying anyway.

Back