• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Merging 80 individual Purchase Orders with Summary Page

APL

Hi All!

I'm fairly new here. Have enjoyed reading all the posts! Thank you.

I have a new customer that has no way of creating purchase orders in house and they're asking me to figure something out. :)

There are 80 individual clients under this new (one) customer. These 80 individual clients need to be able to submit their order to the purchasing coordinator (our customer) and they will forward the orders to me.

When I receive the orders I need :
1) The individual purchase order for each of the 80 locations. To be able to print them out. What goes where, basically...

2) A summary sheet for all of the products and quantites for the week

Not sure how to even start this one...

Any thoughts and suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

sounds like quite the project! I'm going to hope that the different sheets all at least have a similar layout? For a start, take a look at some of the merging/summarizing tools Ron has here:
http://www.rondebruin.nl/win/section3.htm

Once you have all the data in 1 location, it becomes much easier to do data mining and get the reports/info that you need.

Thank you, Luke. SO much to learn!

After more meetings with the compay it looks like they are going to submit info in a plain excel sheet which would have the headings below:

PO NUMBER/ COMPANY ID/ COMPANY NAME/ BOXES/ PROD#/ DESCRIP/ DATE

Would a pivot table be the most efficient means to pull all of the information/summaries from this one sheet, or is there another method I may not be aware of?

Thanks for your help!

Back