• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Matching stock price and date with announcement date (INDEX, MATCH and OFFSET formulas)

CeliaQ

Hi, May I know how can I use the INDEX MATCH and OFFSET formulas to match the date of stock price and stock price for each day before (day -60 to day -1) and after (day+1 to day +60) the earning announcement date.

Please find attached the data set.

Thanks in advance for any assistance you can provide.

Attachments

• Match stock price and date to announcement date.xlsx
    863.2 KB · Views: 5
See if this works for you...

I completed the 1st 3 columns down to the -1 spot... Just follow the example to finish and learn Index and Match...

Respectfully,
PaulF

Attachments

• Match stock price and date to announcement date.xlsx
    871.2 KB · Views: 5
Dear Paul, thanks so much for your prompt reply and useful formula. :) The formula works for the stock price. But for the date of stock price, the stock market does not trade 365 days. Hence, the given formula for the date of stock price includes non-trading days. Do you have any ideas to match with the event dates (days -60 to days -1) to the exact trading days?

I found out the following formula to match the event dates with the date of stock price from the website: =INDEX(stockprices!$A:$EC,$A6+MATCH(OFFSET(stockprices!$B$4,0,INT(COLUMN()/2)-1),stockprices!$A:$A,0),1+(COLUMN()*0)*0,5*SIN(0,5*PI()*COLUMN())^2)

However, it is not working as too many arguments have been entered for this function.

Please find attached the new dataset with manually matched stock price data with announcement dates (highlighted in yellow). I have about 2000 firms to be analysed and thus I am trying to match the data by using formula.

Thanks. :)

Attachments

• Match stock price and date to announcement date2.xlsx
    873.1 KB · Views: 5
B6:
=INDEX(stockprices!$A$5:$A$1917,MATCH(B$4,stockprices!$A$5:$A$1917,0)+$A6)

C6:
=INDEX(OFFSET(stockprices!$B$5:$B$1917,,MATCH(B$3&B$4,stockprices!$B$3:$EC$3&stockprices!$B$4:$EC$4,0)),MATCH(B$4,stockprices!$A$5:$A$1917,0)+$A6) Ctrl+Shift+Enter

or see attached file:

Please check that this is correct

Attachments

• Match stock price and date to announcement date2-Hui.xlsx
    888.2 KB · Views: 10
Back