• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Macro missing in Personal Workbook

KC E

Hello,

I've read several articles on the internet and can't seem to find the answer.

I found this thread on this forum:
http://chandoo.org/forum/threads/personal-macro-book-not-keeping-saved-macros.16434/
I'm having the same trouble where I can't find a macro I saved in Personal Workbook and I didn't see where it was resolved.

I use Excel 2013 at work:
  1. I created a dummy macro and saved it to Personal Workbook, (after I went to View and clicked Unhide to unhide the Personal Workbook.)
  2. I closed the Personal Workbook and opened another workbook and looked for the macro I saved in Personal Workbook and couldn't find it in Macros or in Visual Basic.
  3. I saw the thread above and went back to Personal Workbook and saved it as a macro-enabled workbook, but that did not help.
Am I supposed to have the Personal Workbook open every time I want to run macros that I have saved to the Personal workbook?

Thank you, Narayan. Actually, the next day I opened a spreadsheet that I had been working on and the Personal workbook opened up instead--2 workbooks called 'Personal', in fact. I have no idea why, but I hide them both, and now the personal workbook is visible/available when I open VBA using Alt F11.

I have no idea how it was fixed, but it is fixed. Thank you.

Back