• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Loop through letters of a word given no of times

Hi,

I have a requirement to loop through the letters of word "FACTS" the given number of times in such a manner,

Say for example no of iterations is 7 now loop through FACTS and you will come up at "A" remove it, and now we have left with "FCTS".

Now again loop through the letters of word "FCTS" 7 times in the same way and we will left with "FCT".

Go on in the same manner until a single letter is left, which is in this case "T".

Also please refer to the SS for some demonstration on the same.

iterations.JPG .

Thanks in advanced.

Your original post makes no mention of 9, 10 11 iterations and the file isn't attached ?

Try this:

If this isn't right, please tell us what the answers should be for 8, 9 etc iterations

Attachments

• Loop Through letters.xlsx
    8.6 KB · Views: 2
Try this:

If this isn't right, please tell us what the answers should be for 8, 9 etc iterations
Hello Sir,

First of all salute to your wisdom and thanks for your help ur solution is perfect.

I only copied your formula to 1 more row below and BINGO ! I got exactly what is required.

Thanks again.

@NARAYANK991 and @Hui

With all your help and support.

I have designed this simple kind of game to refresh my memories of childhood.

We use to put 2 names a boy and a girl over the word FLAME and apply the logic I asked you above.

Then it yields to a single letter like F and we say that they both are Friends :)

Please give it a try and lower the RPM's of your brains for a while.

Attachments

• FALME_match relationship.xlsx
    35.9 KB · Views: 1
Back