• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Looking for dating formula

jhemmerly

Looking for formula.............
Lets say we have a contract with an Original contract date of 01/01/2008 and this contract is for 10 yrs. How many YRs, MONTHs & DAYS Left from todays date.

Perhaps something like this? pls find the file attach

Azumi, as I change the Contract Date and the Condition, the Year, month and Day is incorrect. It works for the date that I gave but not any other date I put into the Contract Date. For example I put the contract date as 9/4/10 and the condition 5yrs and it states that there is 6 years, 11 month and 0 days left in the contract.

Hi Jhemmerly,
Another option

=DATEDIF(TODAY(),(A8),"y")&" Years, "&DATEDIF(TODAY(),(A8),"ym")&" Month, "&DATEDIF(TODAY(),(A8),"md")&" Day(s)"

also this one will notify if contract expired:
=IF(AND(DATEDIF(TODAY(),A8,"ym")=0,(DATEDIF(TODAY(),A8,"md")=0)),".-:♥☼CONTRACT EXPIRED☼♥:-.",DATEDIF(TODAY(),(A8),"y")&" Years, "&DATEDIF(TODAY(),(A8),"ym")&" Month, "&DATEDIF(TODAY(),(A8),"md")&" Day(s)")

Hi Khalid ,

In an earlier thread in this forum , we had discussed the problems that arise when the DATEDIF function is used with mixed parameters , such as ym and md. If you search for it , you will find it.

Narayan

Hi Khalid ,

In an earlier thread in this forum , we had discussed the problems that arise when the DATEDIF function is used with mixed parameters , such as ym and md. If you search for it , you will find it.

Narayan

Thanks Sir Narayan,

I searched about this function and found some interesting discussions.
I think you were referring this:
LINK

Back