• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Looking for a calendar solution

semper5

I was tasked with making an Excel workbook that helps management see at a glance, all available weeks of vacation remaining.

In making this workbook, I have focused on formulas only, as I know nothing about VB.

So far, all seems to be coming together. As I finish up though, I realized that I am unsure of how to create a view that shows at a glance in calendar form all weeks taken, and what may be available.

The goal is to have a view that has the possibility to show the following:
1. 2 calendars, one for AM shift and 1 for PM shift.
2. Can show in yearly or quarterly views.
3. Each day can show what is available, and what is remaining. This way management can quickly make a decision of whether to approve a submitted request for days off.

But I am stuck on how to develop this calendar, which would essentially pull it's data from the 'Year Glance' sheet.

Could you possibly give this a gander and give me some direction? I could really use the help.

Thank you!

Semper5

Attachments

• EDITED Lv Req Tracking update 6-13-17.xlsx
    421.9 KB · Views: 8
See attached. This should guide you in the right direction for the creation of the calendar. If you are not comfortable with VBA this approach may not be for you...

Good luck.

Attachments

• Excel Calendar Generator.xlsm
    46.2 KB · Views: 11
The solution you offered is not what I am looking for, it is entirely different approach. In addition, it doesn't seem to work.

Thank you so much for your time, and I do think I need to learn VBA.

Regards,

Jeremy

Back