• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Interactive Charts in Power Point

harshalcr9

Hii,

I have created interactive in Excel by using form control.
I want same in Power point and want to show interactive charts in slide show (powerpoint)
Please help.
Please kindly suggest any other way to show interactive charts in power point.
Also attached file which I want to use same in PPT.

Regards,
Harshal

Attachments

• INTERACTIVE-NEW HIGHLIGHT.xlsx
    19.4 KB · Views: 51
As far as I know. Theres no easy way to do this. The only way you can cheat around it is if you use VBA & use 4 different images on the same slide. The radio button would then just move the corresponding image to the top so that it looks like a chart

Hi Harshal ,

I don't think that what is being done by the option buttons is interactivity in the real sense.

If the highlighting was being done on columns which are randomly positioned , it would make sense , but in this case , it is just a quarter-wise highlighting of 3 columns which are always side by side ; in my opinion , nothing is achieved by this additional feature.

You can always separate the quarters from each other by vertical lines , using the technique given here :

http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/AddLineVertSeries.html

Narayan

@harshalcr9

attached a sample. interactivity only works in slideshow mode. Had to rename the images using selection pane for it to work

Attachments

• Presentation1.zip
    82.5 KB · Views: 37
I have never use VBA, Can you please give me steps how i can do the same like you made drop down , check box etc , i want to do the same and show the chart.

can we select a custom ppt layout while exporting the charts to ppt using vba?

What do you mean? If you mean for Dynamic charts - Simple answer is no.
VBA code for PowerPoint is completely different to Excel.
Also strictly speaking they aren't charts that you're manipulating in PPT, its images of the charts.

By custom layout I meant keeping an organization's template as default theme of ppt. Whenever any chart is exported from excel , it should be assigned that template's layout rather than the excel's theme.

Back