• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Insert Row With Text From Another Worksheet

deepblue74us

I have been tasked with creating a quotation tool. I am pretty sure that excel + VBA is the way to go, but do not have any experience with VBA. Hoping someone can help, here goes...

I have created a simple list of attributes in column A and in column B I have lists for selecting variable options. For example column A might have Color: and column B list might have in a drop down list: (Empty cell), Red, Blue, Green - I have successfully used the Data Validation tool to create the lists.

Once a selection is made (and only if a selection is made) I need the text to be concatenated and inserted as a new row, in a particular location, into the quote form which is on a subsequent worksheet. The goal is to be able to quickly select multiple attributes (say color, size, weight, etc) and have them listed for each item on the quote. But, if no selection is made for the attribute then it will not appear on the quote.

Example:

Sheet 1
A B
Color: Red
2 Size:
3 Weight: 100 lbs

Sheet 2 (maybe?? - one attribute per row)

A B
Item 1 Color: Red
4 Weight: 100 lbs

Sheet 2 (Ideal! - all attributed in on cell listed vertically)

A B
Item 1 Color: Red
Weight: 100 lbs

Note that since no size was selected by the user on Sheet 1 it does not appear on Sheet 2 and does not increase the number of rows.

Finally, on Sheet 2 there will be borders around the field where each Item description goes, would be important to keep the formatting on the newly inserted row.

Many thanks you's in advance for any assistance you can offer!

Sure, its still a work in progress but source for data is on sheet "Items" target for descriptions will be on sheet "Quote". Suppose I also need to work out how to add a new Item only if fields for it have text on the "Items" sheet.

Thanks for taking a look Narayan :)

Attachments

• Price Calc Upload.xlsx
    85.1 KB · Views: 13
Back