• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

INDEX SMALL IF ROW for a list of names and birthdays

Matthew Edminster

I have a members list from which I would like to display a 3-column summary table of next month's birthdays sorted by day.

I have been trying to employ INDEX SMALL IF ROW in order to return this list, but something is missing. IF is returning the correct array of rows but it seems as if the "k" value of SMALL is wrong. Might this have something to do with the fact that I'm using dates?

Birthdays List.PNG

Also, once that problem is fixed, will I be able to return the corresponding birthday and status values using the formulas I have indicated? Will sorting the resulting table by day mess things up?

Attachments

• Book1.xlsx
    9.8 KB · Views: 5
Hi:

You can use the following non-array formula as well

Name:
=IFERROR(INDEX($A$3:$A$13,AGGREGATE(15,6,ROW($A$3:$A$13)-MIN(ROW($A$3:$A$13)-1)/(MONTH($B$3:$B$13)=MONTH(TODAY())),ROW(A1))),"")
Birthday:
=IFERROR(INDEX($B$3:$B$13,AGGREGATE(15,6,ROW($B$3:$B$13)-MIN(ROW($B$3:$B$13)-1)/(MONTH($B$3:$B$13)=MONTH(TODAY())),ROW(B1))),"")

=IFERROR(INDEX($C$3:$C$13,AGGREGATE(15,6,ROW($B$3:$B$13)-MIN(ROW($B$3:$B$13)-1)/(MONTH($B$3:$B$13)=MONTH(TODAY())),ROW(C1))),"")

Formula on the colored cells

Thanks

Attachments

• Birthdays.xlsx
    12.5 KB · Views: 6
Back