• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Incorporating DropBox files within Excel

thirtytwoson

Hello,

I have a number of files organised in a number of folders on Dropbox. I'm requesting some help to create a macro to enable me to be able to navigate to a particular folder and then get a list of all the files in that folder to be placed within certain cells on the spreadsheet I'm working with in Excel.

Thank you

Hui, thank you! I believe that's what I'm looking for although I don't understand how to incorporate that code into the spreadsheet I'm working with. Allow me to explain what I'm trying to do a bit more...

Is it possible to somehow automatically populate a drop-down menu with the names of files within a dropbox folder so that it will account for new new files that are placed within this predefined folder (as well as old files that are taken away) that Excel already knows to look in ?

I don’t understand how to do something like this with a macro.

- The files are located here: C:\Users\Dan\Dropbox\Lesson Plans\#. Subject\LP_Title_Language
- As of now, we have 21 folders. Each is named in the following simple manner: #. Subject
- Within each of these folders, the files (which are word docs for lesson plans) are listed as: LP_Title_Language

Any advice/help is greatly appreciated. Attached, you'll find the spreadsheet I'm working with. Ideally, the lesson plan column (on the first tab) will change the way the drop-down menu works based on what I described above.

Thank you!

Attachments

• Program V1.xls
    423.5 KB · Views: 1
Do you want to refresh the list of files every time you open the Excel file, such that the list of files is always current, or do you want to update the list with a Button?
Also do you wish to keep the names of the files that have been deleted from the folder?

Do you want to refresh the list of files every time you open the Excel file, such that the list of files is always current, or do you want to update the list with a Button?
Also do you wish to keep the names of the files that have been deleted from the folder?

Kchiba, I would like to refresh the list of files every time I open the Excel file, so it is always up to date with the titles of the word documents within the folders.

Keeping the names of the files that have been deleted is not necessary.

I greatly appreciate your help.

Dan

Hi, thirtytwoson!
Have you gone thru the link posted by Hui? If not, you should do it. If yes, have you tried Luke M's method? If not, you should too. If yes and still having problems, please upload a sample file that includes your code so as to try to fix it up.
Regards!

Back