• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Import data more than 255 columns

hgopalan

How to import data from one .xlsx to another .xlsx when the number of columns are exceeding 255 columns? I have tried multiple methods of Data importing but it doesnt work beyond column IV or 255 columns.

My source xlsx file is updated on a daily basis and my code should be dynamic enough to pick all the columns. Rows remain constant.

My current data range = D4:JO24
Expected to keep growing beyond JO every day.

Please help!!

Last edited:
Can you provide more info on what method of importing you are using? SQL query, copy and paste, linked cells, XML, Microsoft Query Wizard, etc.

Luke,

I tried the following 3 methods and all three will not import more than 255 columns from xlsx file to another xlsx file:

1) Data Tab->Existing Connections, browse for my xlsx and select the tab I want to import.
2) Data Tab->From Other Sources-> Data Connection Wizard -> Other/Advanced->Next->Connection Tab->Use Data Source Name->select Excel Files from Data source name->ok->Select Workbook-> Select Tab->click ok in Import Tab.
3) Data Tab-> From Microsoft Query->Select Excel files from the list of databases-> Select the workbook->Select tab and or the fields to be imported.

Hope this helps?

Agreed...I believe the VBA macro in link utilizes the import tool, which is why limit still exists.

Back