• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

If statement that looks at the results of formula

dolphintabby

I am trying to write an If statement that looks at a cell that has a calculated formula in it but if the answer is 0 for it to return a blank but if it is not 0 I want it to compare the results with the calculation in another cell on another worksheet (Cell=calculated average cycle time) and then if the looked at cell is at or below that calculation to return the words "At or Below Average" and if it is above that calculation but below 6 (days) for it to return the words "Above average" and if it is above 6 for it to return "Above 6 Days-Extenuating"
I have a column that calculates the difference between 2 dates (The date the report was generated and the date the report was completed). So the value in the cells in the column are a number. The average is generally 2.5 but some reports can take several months to complete because of waiting on data to complete it so the calculated date could be 100's of days I want to see how many reports are = to the average number of days and above and how many were extenuating above 6 days. The problem I am having is it never returns a blank because the IF statement won't look at the calculation of the formula it looks at the fact that the cell is not blank.
I tried =IF($Q4=0," ",IF(OR(Tracking!Q4='Stats Summary'!$A$5,Tracking!Q4<'Stats Summary'!$A$5),"At or Below Average",IF(Q4>6,"Above 6 Days Extenuating","Above Average")))

I wonder does the first and last Q4's need a worksheet name added to it

=IF(Tracking!$Q4=0," ",IF(OR(Tracking!Q4='Stats Summary'!$A$5,Tracking!Q4<'Stats Summary'!$A$5),"At or Below Average",IF(Tracking!Q4>6,"Above 6 Days Extenuating","Above Average")))

You can also combine your < & ='s so it becomes:

=IF(Tracking!$Q4=0," ",IF(Tracking!Q4<='Stats Summary'!$A$5,"At or Below Average",IF(Tracking!Q4>6,"Above 6 Days Extenuating","Above Average")))

Back