• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

How to make column/row "metering" to show up again?

Eloise T

When I change the column width and row height by putting the cursor over a row or column boundary and then click and hold on a row or column boundary a “metering” e.g. Height/Width: 24.00 (32 pixels) used to show up so I could make precise rows or columns based on the metering units. For some odd reason, the “metering” no longer shows up. How do I turn it back on?

upload_2017-2-9_13-34-42.png

Narayan,

To state it a different way, when I heighten a row or widen a column
the Height: xxx (xx pixels) OR Width: xxx (xx pixels) does not appear on my screen.

upload_2017-2-9_23-59-32.png

Hi Eloise ,

Try what vletm has suggested.

As far as your question regarding the Name Box is concerned , this is the one which displays the reference , either a worksheet cell address or a named range , in the box on the extreme left , in line with the formula bar.

For example , in the screenshot you have posted , it displays A1 , which is the worksheet cell reference where the cursor is placed at the time the screenshot was taken.

See this link for a pictorial view :

http://www.gcflearnfree.org/print/e...c-parts-of-the-excel-window?playlist=Excel_XP

Narayan

It worked! I don't know how it happened (I don't recall moving it left) , but (see below), it's back! ...including Column width and Row height!
THANK YOU!

upload_2017-2-10_15-11-29.png
upload_2017-2-10_15-15-2.png

Attachments

• upload_2017-2-10_15-13-20.png
    upload_2017-2-10_15-13-20.png
    33.5 KB · Views: 6
Somehow the dot had slid all the way to the left, covering up the cell "Name Box." Once I knew to slide the "dot" to the right, then everything worked again...i.e. column width and row height "metering."
upload_2017-2-21_12-56-21.pngupload_2017-2-21_12-57-27.png

Back