• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

How to display days proportional to data collected

SimonK

Hello Everyone, Please see the attached image. I'm having trouble with a pivot generated graph to show dates on the 'X' axis to show the scale proportionally to when the data was collected. I've aimed to collect data every second or third day but sometimes there were 5 days between readings and the time difference is not shown in the scale on the x axis. There is no proportional recognition on the x axis it seems. Please let me know what I need to do to fix this as I've tried all I can see to fix and nothing has worked. Thanks for reading. Cheers!

Attachments

• Excel chart data issue.png
    Excel chart data issue.png
    600.6 KB · Views: 16
Try changing the chart type to an XY Scatter chart type
Thanks Hui! I tried this now and was told that I can't create this type of chart inside a Pivot Table. I've now copied the data outside of the pivot and used it to create an XY scatter and the data now plots with proportions between dates shown correctly. It would be save a lot of extra work if this could be done directly from a pivot but I guess the flexibility of Excel Pivots has some limitations. Cheers, Simon

Last edited:
Thank you Narayan! The link you provided is completes what I needed to know on this issue for now.

Back