• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

How Can I copy this all the way down

Luke was so kind in helping me with this and I need your help again!

I want to be able to copy this down to thousands of rows and can not figure out how to do it What I want to be able to do is add to what's in columns C:G probably well over 500,000 rows which is not an issue. What I am trying to do is figure out how to coly what is in the other columns down to the 500,000+ rows. I have tried from top to bottom drag and bottom to top drag and errr, my brain hurts lol. I want to be able to copy what is in columns I:GT all the way down to 500,000+ rows

Attachments

• UD to 1000s of rows.xlsx
    340.7 KB · Views: 6
You are correct. The bottom 2 rows or really the last 1 dictate what kind of pattern gets built (what it looks like) All of these patterns on this sheet are really exactly the same they just have different numbers which gives me a different way to look at them. What I'm trying to do is make as many patterns as possible (or at least a lot) so that when I copy them and do a search I can hopefully see a pattern that has already played. Which it does often. You will see 2-4-6 a lot. Also things like 6-8 and 8-6 ( number of cells with the same numbers like six 3s and then eight 4s. I want to copy the 500,000 rows of patterns that I have now and manipulate (change) how the look so if I can say start with row 500,000 up to row 1 I can then copy them to different columns. Make sense.

Hi Larry ,

I am still somewhat confused ; I assume you have another workbook where you have the patterns starting from row 500,000 upwards ; if you now wish to introduce these same patterns in a new workbook , what is the problem ?

Even if you wish to copy certain columns , what is the problem ? Select the set of columns you wish to copy , initiate the copy operation , and then use F5 or CTRL G to bring up the GoTo dialog box , enter the address such as AS500000 , and when the cursor is on that cell press the ENTER key to complete the copy.

Narayan

Hmm. I will try that. I simply copied one section and pasted it down to row 500,000 but it copied the cells from say rows 1-53 and when I lasted it did not automatically change. Plus when I drag it up it copy's the same numbers not the new numbers

Perhaps you can try to do east your suggesting. Paste it in row 500,000. Re upload a new pattern that it gives. I couldn't get it to work. It changes "some" of the row numbers but not all

Hi Larry ,

See if this is OK ; I have copied 3 sets of columns ; you need to go through the changes which have been made , and do the same for every other set that you copy & paste.

Narayan

Attachments

• UD to 1000s of rows.xlsx
    653.3 KB · Views: 3
Back