• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Copying cells to a new sheet depending on cell value

Hi All,

Hope someone can help as this is driving me nuts. A bit beyond my limited excel skills.

I have created an order form where the customer can select the quantity of items from a drop down box next to the product descriptions. What i'd like to do is have a formula to copy the description cell, the item code cell and the cost cell, for the products the customer requires, onto another sheet to create a pro forma type invoice. I'm not at all experienced in VB but keen to learn.

Hope someone can help.

Thanks,

James

Attachments

• test sheet.xlsx
    15.3 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Hi James ,

From where is the product code to come ?

You mention both formula and VB ; you do not need any formulae if you intend to use VBA.

If you decide to use VBA , when do you want the data transfer to happen ? When the customer has completed an entire order , consisting of several items , or as and when the customer selects an item through the quantity dropdown ?

Just as you have a template for the menu , you should also have one for the invoice ; can you design one and put it in the workbook ?

After the data is transferred to the invoice tab , what happens ? Suppose the next customer is to again select from the menu ; what should happen to the previous invoice ?

The VBA coding is the last step.

Narayan

Hi Narayan,

Thanks for the reply. I would like the transfer to happen each time a quantity is selected. I have added a basic layout of the pro forma which i will make prettier once i have the functionality.
In terms of multiple invoices it doesn't matter. Each order will be done on a separate excel file which will have the date as a reference. I have the product codes in hidden cells C and J.

Hope this makes things clearer.

Thanks,

James

Attachments

• test sheet 2.xlsx
    17.5 KB · Views: 1
Back