• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Help With Solver

VivekQ

Hi, I am trying to use solver to optimize parcels that I can carry in tanks. There are 16 tanks and need to stow 1 to 16 parcels so that there is least wastage. However, getting limited by number of variables that I can use with solver. Any suggestions and how can I improve the spreadsheet. Thanks, Vivek

Attachments

• Tank Optimization using Solver.xlsx
    13 KB · Views: 6
Good day and welcome to the forum if you have not already done so, please read this link as it will help you in the use of the forum.

http://chandoo.org/forum/threads/new-users-please-read.294/

This question has been asked before and if my memory serves correct it even gave Hui an headache.

We have many delivery services here and I think you would do just as well to load the vans as they do......take all parcels to about 20 meters to the rear of the van, open both back doors of the van, go to the pile of parcels with a colleague who will act as Parcell passer, take a firm stance with legs apart and get your parcel to start tossing your parcels, as each one reaches you grab it and drop kick it into the back of the van, you will be surprised how many extra parcels you will fit in by tetrisising them all together.......:DD

Back