1. Welcome to Chandoo.org Forums. Short message for you

Hi Guest,

Thanks for joining Chandoo.org forums. We are here to make you awesome in Excel. Before you post your first question, please read this short introduction guide. When posting or responding to questions please remember our values at Chandoo.org are: Humility, Passion, Fun, Awesomeness, Simplicity, Sharing Remember that we have people here for whom English is not there first language and we need to allow for this in our dealings.

Yours,
    Chandoo
  2. Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

3. When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Help to simple Dashboard

Discussion in 'Excel Dashboards' started by Ida, Apr 20, 2017 at 12:06 PM.

1. Ida

Ida New Member

Hi everyone,

I am trying to build a dashboard based on the dummy file attached. As I understand, this is most likely done with PowerPivot, but I am not familiar enough with excel to use PowerPivot to that extent. Anyhow, I would basically like to build a tool, which takes a number and add an additional number based on different criteria. The two numbers are on two different sheets, which really troubles me.

In the dummy-file on 'Sheet 1', I would like separate slicers – or another option with buttons – with “Category” and “Type”, which shows the “Price (number)” for the clicked off item. I would like a third slicer but the data is on 'Sheet 2' where I would like a slicer for “Grown in” and a tap (or two taps – e.g. ‘Florida’ and ‘Local farm’) is clicked on, the “Additional cost (number)” must be added to “Price”.
    The difficulty for me is to how to get 3 slicers in one sheet when the raw data is on teo different sheets along with how to add the two numbers based on the clicks.

Lastly, I would very much like a relation from the above to “Best before” so when a button is clicked the “Best before” is displayed somewhere on the dashboard.

I hope this makes sense!

Best,
    Ida

Attached Files:

2. p45cal

p45cal Well-Known Member

Unfortunately for the next few days I don't have acess to a machine with a version of Excel after Excel 2003! So no PowerPivot, no slicers.
    Instead, I've used a short macro to merge the two tables to one on a fresh sheet (Click the button on Sheet 1) as well as adding a New Price column.
    I've run this macro to create the table on the Demo sheet, then added a very basic standard pivot table to the right of the data.
    You should be able to add your own Pivot Slicers easily enough in your version of Excel - I can't here.
    That might get you started towards your own solution.

Attached Files:

Thomas Kuriakose likes this.