• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

HELP NEEDED

ONKAR BHOSALE

I have one problem while finding the closest possible match with certain value and I want value from adjacent cell should be executed on sheet.
For example I hav attached below sheet where i want GENERAL STORAGE VOLUME 160
should be checked in Jth column for nearest largest value and corresponding BIN name from C column should be executed.Data in column is not in ascending order so facing problems while solving this..I HAVE ATTACHED SHEET FOR THE SAME

supload_2014-12-25_15-53-51.png

Attachments

• 14-12new action plan (1) - Copy.xlsm
    24.4 KB · Views: 5
Hi Bhosale ,

It would have been better if you could have explained your requirement with at least a couple of examples ; as it stands , others will have to ask questions , wait for your answers , and then try and solve your problem.

Suppose we take the data given in your worksheet ; are we to look for the closest match for 160 ? If so , would it be 260 in the case of Supreme and 163 in the case of Nilkamal ?

Narayan

As per your requwst i am again explain what i am looking for
@NARAYANK991
I just want value mentioned(for example 160 in pic) should be checked in last coulmn of both supreme and nilkamal (seperate result for both supreme and nilkamal is also helpful) in this example answer for supreme will be 260 so the subjected value of bin should be reflected which is BIN-35 in this example
similarly for nilkamal it is FPO CRATE15

This whole problem is about finding best match bin for any part on assembly line(nut,bolt etc.)so a person will only fill dimension in upper two cells (B4 and C4 in this example) and as per calculation i made last column is giving approx number of quantities which can be placed in each of bin.here D4 contains value which in general stored in that bin.So Final result should be the name of bin of best match

Please feel free to ask any question about the problem if u still have any

Back